#BooksNotBullets


Today marks the 18th birthday of Malala Yousafzai- a visionary, advocate, and Nobel Peace Prize award winner. She has accomplished so much before becoming an adult, and there is no end in sight to her ambitions!

For her birthday, the Malala Fund released the following statement on behalf of Malala:
Post a photo of yourself holding up your favorite book and share why YOU choose #BooksNotBullets - and tell world leaders to fund the real weapon for change, education. We'll use them on Malala Day to show world leaders that the public wants global education to be a top priority. 


I love this initiative: increasing funding and access to education gives young people power and opportunity. I jumped right in, posing with my favorite book Mad About Madeline. I grew up with Miss Clavel and twelve little girls in two straight lines, and I attribute my current love of education and literacy to books that captured my attention when I was younger.  



Advocacy is the greatest tool we have to bring attention to world issues- such as literacy and unequal education. Join the movement today and discover how we can work toward a world that emphasizes books over bullets. 

-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

INSTAGRAM FEED

@fullyalivefellowship