Play Ball! Throwing the first pitch for the Vallejo Admirals Game



There is nothing better than warm summer nights at the ball park! Last night, I had the chance to throw out the first pitch for the Vallejo Admirals v. Sonoma Stompers game. After a great warm-up, I headed to the mound and threw the first pitch - all the way to the plate (well almost)!


Before the game, I met Kelsey Whitmore and Stacy Piagno, the first two women signed to professional baseball since the 1950s! Both women also played for Team USA at the Women's Baseball World Cup in South Korea this past September. I'm so impressed by their achievements, and I was lucky enough to pick up some pointers before my pitch.



During the second inning, I joined radio broadcaster Dave Grant for an interview. It was the best interview prep I've ever had - in between questions, Dave was giving commentary on the game for radio listeners! He's got multitasking down to a T. 


I definitely had a "ball" at my first Admirals game, and I can't wait to return soon to sing the anthem!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

INSTAGRAM FEED

@fullyalivefellowship