Girls on the Run Fall 2018 5K

Another season, another 5K. Wow, I love Girls on the Run. Waking up at 4 am for the 5K is no big deal because the day brings me so much JOY.



There's so much I love about this organization. From the volunteers who work tirelessly to encourage and coach their teams, to the families who show up at 7 am on a chilly Sunday morning, to the girls themselves - the 5K is a place that is filled to the brim with hard work and positivity. This year was extra special because there were tutus EVERYWHERE, which of course meant that there was even more pink than usual ;)



Serving on the Associate Board of Girls on the Run has allowed me to dig even deeper in my involvement with the organization. This year, I hosted the "Starting Line" Facebook Live for the third time (wow.) I love nothing more than standing at the starting line and leading cheers for the amazing girls who are at the front of the pack. You can tell they are overflowing with confidence because they know that they have worked extremely hard to get to this point. Hard work and goal setting are two of the best ways to cultivate confidence because they push you beyond your comfort zone - as exhibited by the 1000+ girls who showed up ready to run on Sunday morning.






I'm also grateful that my mom and grandma came to join the fun - again! They never fail to show up and paint pink streaks in the girls' hair - I mean, it's so sweet and so cute.



Girls on the Run has a huge place in my heart and I can't wait to continue my partnership as Miss Marin County and visit the schools in Marin this Spring season! Want to get involved? We would love to have you! Send me a note and I'll help you get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

INSTAGRAM FEED

@fullyalivefellowship