Miss Ventura County 2016 Wrap-Up



Being crowned Miss Ventura County was simultaneously the greatest honor and responsibility of my life to date. I cannot put into words how much I love Ventura County, and representing her this year was a dream come true. I had been dreaming of competing on the Miss California stage for years, and receiving the opportunity to do so was a gift beyond words. I am humbled to represent the stellar women who competed for the title last year and I truly hope that I have made you proud.
The job started right away- I began preparing my talent, searching for my dream gown, and reviewing interview questions. I believe I was blessed with the greatest team in the world: manager and chaperone extraordinaire, Patti Reuter, talent coach, Jamie Gruttemeyer, interview queen Christina Nepsted, and the most wonderful director, Nancy Gruttemeyer. Preparing for Miss California is a team effort and I never could have done it without the help of these women and the support of my family and friends. Thank you to everyone who gave the valuable gifts of their time and treasures to support my dream and me. I am forever indebted to you.
Competing at Miss California was an experience unlike any other. I met women who share similar values, who are ambitious and hard working, and who continue to inspire me to serve others.  One week was not enough time to spend with them, and it flew by. I was honored to receive the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Medal for my efforts in preparing for Miss California, including a wonderful camping trip with Hayley! The best part of every day was running up to our gorgeous table in Visitation and seeing the bright and loving faces of our team- thank you for bringing so much light and love to my week!
During my year I was able to use my sparkly hat to volunteer with charities close to my heart. One of my favorite memories was working as a buddy at Miss Amazing in February. This organization gives young women with special needs the opportunity to compete in a pageant and show that what makes them different, makes them beautiful. My heart was touched by the passion and enthusiasm every girl brought to the stage, and it is a memory I will never forget. I also got to volunteer at IHOP for their Children’s Miracle Network Pancake Day, donate books to a local shelter with my platform LEAP into Literacy, and attend events representing our organization. I had such a wonderful time riding in parades and I am so grateful to Paradise Auto for donating the most beautiful cars for me to ride in!
Nothing could have ever been possible without the village behind this organization. Thank you to everyone involved with Miss Ventura County behind the scenes- Loni, Barbara, David, and everyone else who offers their time and talents to serve. Thank you again to Patti, Christina, and Jamie for being by my side for the entire year and making my memories so plentiful. Thank you to the most outstanding teen I know for your abounding energy and excitement. Hayley, I have loved every single moment spent with you and I admire your passion, determination, and ability to make every situation so much fun. Thank you to my family, especially my loving mother, who has given so much to help me succeed. I love you and I could never be where I am without the sacrifice and support you have granted me. Thank you. Finally, thank you to the most genuine, kind, Christ-centered, and selfless woman I have had the privilege to work closely with this year. Nancy, you are a treasure and I know that everyone sees your hard work, love, and servant’s heart. Thank you for everything, I can never repay your generosity and love.

In the words of St. Catherine of Siena, “Be who God meant you to be, and you’ll set the world on fire.” I pray that I brought glory to God in everything that I did this past year. He is the reason that I am standing here, and I cannot wait to see what is next for me in His wonderful plan. This year has been surreal and I am sad to see it come to an end, but I am overjoyed for the next young woman who gets to wear this crown. Make every jewel of these four points mean something special to you, and you cannot go wrong. For the final time, I am Miss Ventura County 2015, Jane Kennedy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

INSTAGRAM FEED

@fullyalivefellowship