Miss Ventura County Pageant 2017

On February 26, I made my first appearance as Miss Bay Area at the Miss Ventura County 2017 pageant. My journey with the Miss America Organization began at Miss Ventura County, and it was wonderful to "come home" and see the people who introduced me to the program.

One of the reasons I love this organization is because of the dedicated volunteers. People like Nancy, David, Doug, and Barbara have encouraged me so much over the last few years and it was nice to catch up with each of them.

I also had the chance to meet some of my sister titleholders who will be joining me in Fresno this summer! I love meeting new people, and it was inspiring to hear their stories and learn about their passions and goals.

It was fun to be in the audience this week after competing just six days before - I even felt nervous for each of the girls as they approached the onstage question bowl and stood awaiting the results. Each of the contestants brought something unique to the stage and the diversity of talents was exciting and entertaining. Any one of them would have done great things with the title!

Congratulations to Miss Ventura County 2017, Amanda Rodriguez and Miss Ventura County's Outstanding Teen 2017, Brittany Walton! You both shone onstage and I'm excited to see you again in Fresno!

Thank you to the Miss Ventura County committee for welcoming me as a visiting titleholder and for putting on a show that empowered each of your contestants. Your efforts and dedication to the program are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!


Xo,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

INSTAGRAM FEED

@fullyalivefellowship